LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Thursday 5 November 2015

Lawn Fawn cups--thanks for picking me up

Hello!

I thought I'd share a card I made that was intended for publication but due to life getting "in the way", I missed the deadline (shame coz I actually like it!)

I'm also going to be putting it in to the SSS Wednesday Challenge this week which is to give THANKS/THANKSGIVING, as well as the current Lawnscaping Challenge theme of Thinking of you (as it's a thanks for encouragement/help card).


To start out, I took a piece of Neenah Desert Storm Cardstock and folded it into a card.  I then stamped multiple Lawn Fawn cups from the Love you a Latte set, all over the cardstock using Hero Arts Wet Cement Ink.  (to save time I used several stamps on the one acrylic block and just kept turning it and twisting it to adjust the angle :))

Next I stamped and diecut around 15 more cups, this time using Copic-friendly cardstock and Black Dye ink from My Favourite Things.

I then coloured them in with copics :)

Finally I used a sentiment from I have no idea where (if you know, drop me a comment :)) because I loved the double meaning of the coffee/caffeine pick-up and the friendship one :)

Then I adhered the cups so they 'overlapped' their tone-on-tone stamped versions!

Hope you like :)

Have a crafty day!

Linda x


4 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

hello Linda! what a super creative card, fabulous design and I luv the color against the kraft! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Unknown said...

Beautiful coloring on this! It really caught my eye on the Lawnscaping challenge blog. Nice job!!

Elise C. said...

Beautiful card! The background that you created is so fun and I really like how you colored some of the cups! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

{Chrissie} said...

Linda, this is awesome. I love the background you've created with the color cups popping out. Just fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenges!