LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Wednesday 25 March 2015

Alice down the rabbit hole

hi friends!

I'm here with a card I made just yesterday and if I may say so, I'm THRILLED with how the colouring turned out. I worked really carefully and focussed on the folds and pleats, as well as the shadows. Amazing what happens when you focus!

I recently discovered the delightful Make It Crafty store thanks to the wonderful Sandy Allnock, and WOWZA they have some beautiful images to use.  I fell in love with this Falling Alice one and had to use it straight away (who has kids that need to be fed?! not me! lol. *don't worry, I set them up with a snack before I got to colouring*)

Ok Here 'tis


I coloured her on X-press It Cardstock and then fussy cut her out (and I do mean FUSSY, I even pulled out the craft knife to get in between her hair!)

Next I stamped the Hypnotise stamp from Create A Smile, before heat embossing it with clear powder to achieve a subtle tone on tone effect. I love that this stamp helps to make it look like Alice is falling down the rabbit hole.



To finish the card, I layered her on some offset cardstock in similar colours, and trimmed around to make a square card. I then added Alice on top using LOTS of foam adhesive. lots
I wanted to use thickers for the sentiment not only to add some fun and gloss, but to match her hair without having a fourth layer of cardstock. plus that font of the thickers is so fun.

Inside the card will be a 'forgot' type of sentiment (I forgot your birthday, I forgot to call). I'm leaving it blank inside for now until I need it. I know I'll forget something soon :)



Look at those pleats!!! I'm so excited. it's taken me a LONG time to get pleats that good, and I know I'll keep improving if I keep practicing.

Ok that's it! A nice clean and simple card where the focus is really on the coloured image.

This card will be my submission for the Make It Crafty DT call.






Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you.

See you again soon

Linda

3 comments:

Wendy G. said...

Look at those pleats and the hair, and the background and the whole finished card! Wow, wow, wow! Take a bow or pat yourself on the back because you earned it!

Mary Dawn said...

so shiny! i love her! good luck <3

Zoe said...

Hi Linda - what a wonderful job colouring this image and I LOVE that you happened to have the perfect background stamp to place behind her. Thank you so much for taking the time to apply for the new MiC team. xoxo