LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Friday 17 October 2014

Brighter Days

Hi loves!

I'm here with a card today that I made for a dear friend of our family.  Her grandfather passed away about 3 months ago, and we've just found out that her grandmother left us just yesterday.

I wanted to send her a sympathy card that would make her smile, but still seem somber enough for the sad circumstances.

Here it is


I stamped and diecut the Lawn Fawn tag, before stamping the rest of the scene. I then coloured it with Prismacolour Pencils, and blended it in with some Mineral Spirits and a paper blending stump. (Is that what they're called?!)

For the background panel, I used some Peerless watercolours to paint brighter tones of the same colours I used on the bunny's umbrella (Thanks again to Lisa for the sample-kit--you're the BEST!).  I then stamped the sentiment using Lawn Fawn's Violet's ABC's (how beautiful is that font?!) before adhering it down to a blue American Crafts textured cardstock panel.

I like how the brightness of the watercoloured background echos the sentiment of brighter days, in juxtaposition to the pale, subdued panel with the bunny (who is in his sad state).

Here's a detail shot of his little fluffy bunny tail (I cut a small slit in the stamped tail, then pushed a tiny bit of cotton wool through from the back--thanks for the great idea Lisa!)

A little touch of Gelly Roll pen for the splash of rain.

That's it for me for today! Lots of Lawn Fawny goodness. I've been dying to use these staamps since I got them, they were so nice to work with as always. Made a sad occasion for needing a card, a bit less sad.

See you tomorrow, Crafty Friends.

2 comments:

Maya Isaksson said...

This is so cute! I hope it put a smile on the receivers face. I love the idea of making a more playful card for these occasions, I'm sure it will be appreciated. And that watercolor background... *swooon*

Kelly Latevola said...

Well isn't this the cutest thing ever!! I love that watercolor background!