LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Thursday 18 September 2014

Trying something different

Hi friends!

I recently participated in a FB weekend of crafting hosted by a great company called Kit and Clowder, and it was all about the colouring. colouring colouring colouring. FABULOUS!

So I have a friend Stephanie, who is on the Some Odd Girl DT with me and she makes THE most intricate, layered cards I've ever seen. They're perfection, and they're genius--and TOTALLY worlds away from my cards.

OK so I'm nervous about this one because it's SO far out of my comfort zone, but here goes.


I coloured the girl (from Saturated Canary) onto some Neenah kraft card stock, using my much-loved Prismacolour Pencils.  Then I layered her all up on red and more neenah cardstock. The red checkered paper is from an old MME 6x6 paper pad. the sentiment is from Lil Inkers--I've been itching to use it!

I love how the pencils look on card stock! I always forget how great this effect is.

OK! I'll be back again really soon with more.

see ya!



4 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Who are you and what have you done with Linda?

I love it when people try something new! Great coloring, too!

Miss NiceRoad said...

Truly fab!!!!!!!!

Wendy G. said...

Wow! I am sooo impressed with your out of the box card! It is fabulous, Linda. ( Now where are my Prismacolor pencils...?)

Kelly Latevola said...

Colored pencils?! Shut up!! She looks amazing :)