LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Sunday 27 April 2014

Playing with texture paste and Simon Says stencils


Hi!

I thought it would be fun to try using a stencil, but to also incorporate colour and texture using the same product.

Take a look



First I used the Falling Hearts stencil, and I swiped some texture paste over it, leaving it a bit thicker than normal, to give some nice texture.

Once the ink was dry, I went over the same stencil  but I inked it up using several different ink colours and small sponge daubers. I also added in a little stickles over each heart.


I diecut the tags from vellum and yellow cardstock using the Simon Says Stamp Medium Tags die, then I heat embossed the 'thanks' sentiment from the Thanks 3x4 set.

The feathers are also a Simon Says Stamp exclusive, and I inked the edges with Memento Luxe inks.

Once I compiled it all onto the cardfront as I liked it, I added that to a cardbase.

That's it! Such a fun card to make. Lots of inking and playing.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

See you again soon.


3 comments:

Lisa said...

LOVE it. The falling hearts, stars and snow are on my wishlist!

Unknown said...

Love this card!!

Sarah G said...

Love the way you have coloured the hearts, Linda - such a fun, fresh design!