LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Sunday 25 August 2013

An apology, A Card, and some news :)

Hi there!

I'm SO sorry it's been 10 days since I posted!! Time has been FLYING past in this last few weeks of my pregnancy and I can't seem to keep the days straight!

I haven't been crafting as much as I'd like to, but thats mostly because standing up at my craft desk is uncomfortable (and it's hard to reach around my big belly lol!)

Anyway, I DID manage to make a card that I want to share with you today but first I have some SUPER DUPER exciting newsssss!!!!!

Photobucket


OH

MY

GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am beyond thrilled and excited and to be honest, more than a little stunned!!!!!!!!

I am a HUGE fan of Faber Castell and have been for many many years, and since my sweet friend Lisa sent me some Gelatos (and Steph sent me some more!!), I've been unable to put them down!!!

I can't wait to start and I'm pinning ideas like a MADWOMAN.

Thank you Faber Castell Design Memory Craft so much for the opportunity!!



Ok now on to the card (which, ironically DOESN'T have any FC product on it lol). I loved the idea of a window-box of flowers sitting outside an old villa-type house.


These flowers from Wplus9?! HAPPY PLACE!!! I had so much fun stamping them! To make it easier, I ran the entire die (it comes with all the individual flower dies attached to each other as one 'piece', you can snap them apart for individual dies but I kept them all as one) through my Big Shot three times and diecut 3 of each. I knew I'd want lots to play with and this just seemed simpler :)

Next I sorted them into little piles and went to town stamping and layering inks to make them all look a little different from each other but not TOO different.
 
 I used some Tim Holtz distress Crackle Paint on the window diecut. It's hard to see in this photo despite my best efforts, but it looks fantastically old and kindve like an old Italian Villa's windows. (I'll tell myself that anyway!)

I put acetate behind the window (for the glass), and used some Distress Inks VERY lightly and some white Colorbox ink to make a sky on a panel of cardstock that sits behind the acetate, to make the sky.

You can see all the layers here, I simply laid out all my flowers and arranged them how I wanted, then started adhering them down in layers.

The orange cardstock from Bazzill is embossed with a Tim Holtz Brick embossing folder. The banner and sentiment are from the wonderful Simon Says Stamp :)

I'll be back soon with more Wplus9 cards. I can't stop playing with their stamps!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

*crafty hugs*


6 comments:

Wendy G. said...

I can feel the warm Italian sun shining on my face as I look at your beautiful card. Great job, my creative friend!

Lisa said...

Love this! I have GOT to get that samp and die set.

Erin said...

Beautiful!

Froggietalks said...

I love this card Linda :)

Sue McRae said...

Big congrats on your Design Team gig Linda! Can't wait to see all your projects!

Chari Moss said...

Big Congrats!!!! also...love the card! The brick embossing just made it perfect!