LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Saturday 20 July 2013

Pinterest inspired

Hi!

Lately I haven't had much time to craft and to be honest, with this ever-growing bump I'm carting around, I haven't had much desire to stand up for long periods of time either :)

So when I come into my craft room, I like to have some mojo or inspiration ready to go, so I can craft quickly and with purpose, rather than fiddling around, or worse, not getting anywhere.

Pinterest is my go-to mojo-booster. Its fast, you can search by colour or shape or style (if you have something in mind) and its a fantastic way to get an image in your mind, to help you bring it to life as a card or crafty project.


Recently I shared a layout with you which inspired by this image from Pinterest:



Here is the layout,


I created this layout using Faber Castell Gelatos as watercolours.


So today, I thought I'd share a card I made with you, inspired by another image from Pinterest.


Here is the inspo piece:



I loved the simplicity of it, the soft, feminine colours and the shape of the circle in the centre caught my eye, as I've been using the latest release stamps from Neat and Tangled (Everyday Circles and Scrap Circles) a lot lately.

Here is my card:
Watercoloured flowers


Now I am absolutely NO WAY a watercolour artist, but I'm really having fun learning new techniques and trying to improve. 

I highly recommend you watch Angela Fehr on You Tube, she manages to impart a HUGE number of informative tips and tricks as she fluidly fills her page with seriously beautiful images. You can also check out her blog here http://angelafehr.com/ I could watch her ALL DAY LONG.

To paint these flowers, I used Hero Arts Shadow Inks in Fresh Peach, Green Hills and Field Greens. I simply stamped the ink pads directly onto my craft sheet, and using a wet watercolouring brush, I set to work.

To add a little added 'something' to the leaves, I second-generation stamped the little leaves from the Fresh Blooms Neat and Tangled stamp set, over the top of a few of my hand-painted leaves (not all of them). I love the soft colours of this card!

I look forward to learning more and more about water-colouring and hopefully bringing you better and better projects!

What do you do for inspiration? Are you on Pinterest? I'd love to know :)


Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you again tomorrow for my Neat and Tangled monthly post!


Linda :)


5 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow this is so pretty! The color choices are great and love the layout too!
Xo Kristina
Pearlgateway.com

Libby Hickson said...

I loved that layout, and your card is so gorgeous!! Love the colors and your watercoloring is fantastic!

Leslie Hanna said...

This is gorgeous. I love everything about it!

Unknown said...

Wow! You hand painted those roses! Holy moly, hats off to you, girl!

Froggietalks said...

That is just an amazing card Linda! I have some tulips that I need to colour like this :)