LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Tuesday 11 June 2013

SOS challenge 105 Oldest Stamp

Hiya!

This week at


we're challenging you to use your oldest stamp!

Challenge 105: Jun 11 -  Oldest stamp

Now I'm not sure exactly which is my OLDEST but I sure picked one that's been in my stash since I started cardmaking three years ago :)

Here is my card!


To create this, I used some watercolour paper and Dylusions spray inks for the background (lots of fun, easy misting!)

For the front panel, I stamped the Hero Arts Letter stamp (my oldest) using Versafine Smokey Grey ink (new and I LOVE IT). I actually stamped it off gently once onto scratch paper, then stamped onto this panel of neenah and put a lot of pressure on the stamp. This gave a lighter appearance to the ink and made it less perfect (which is what I wanted)

Next I took the House Mouse stamp Helping Hand (which has a little mouse holding this flower up) and carefully covered the mouse (and his little hand) with washi tape while I inked up the rest of the image.

Then I stamped onto Neenah cardstock, and using a fineliner pen, I hand-drew in the little bit that was missing from the flower stem (that I'd covered up because that's where the mouse's hand is).

I coloured using my beloved Prismacolor pencils.  To make this panel look older, I added some Antique Linen distress ink CAREFULLY to the piece, and then roughed up the edges with my fingernail before swiping a tiny bit of Walnut Stain distress ink just to the very edges. I love how it turned out!

Lastly I added the XOXO sentiment (from Hero Arts set) and some twine before adhering it all together.

Lots of fun and I'm so happy with the result!

Now, head over to the SOS blog and share your creations with us!

Hope to see you there!

Linda



1 comment:

Jessi Fogan said...

Totally stunning, Linda! Amazing what versatility you can get from a single stamp by just using part of it! And the background....Dylusions are so awesomely intense!