LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Sunday 16 September 2012

Challenge #12 at ABNH

Hiya there chickadees!

I'm here to share with you the new challenge over at A Blog Named Hero!




tags!! YAY!! I'm a huge fan of tags, they're smaller, easier to fill, and you can make them beautiful JUST for fun. They don't have to have a theme or story behind them :) so fun.

And so, here is mine :)


Gorgeous, no?! I love it :) (another YAY!)



Ok, so here's how I made it.

  1. I diecut some Neenah cardstock and 2 pages of vintage book paper, using a Tim Holtz die.
  2. On one bookprint tag, I stamped the Hero Arts Maple leaf image multiple times (having 'inked' the stamp using my Distress Markers, then lightly spritzing with water). I just love the watercolour effect using the markers achieves.
  3. Once the ink was totally dry (on the paper), I covered both sides of the tag with Multi Matte Medium and adhered it to the neenah cardstock (which was also a tag), to give it added strength. (The bookprint paper is quite fine and tears EASILY--ask me how I know :))
  4. I dried both sides with my heat gun (I'm impatient). The GREAT thing about the Multi Matte Medium, is it dries COMPLETELY matte, so you can't even tell its there--genius I say!
  5. Next I adhered a doily to the side of the tag, then a label, which I'd stamped with my sentiment.
  6. I took some Hand-dyed Seam Binding and a hand-made button from my gorgeous friend Chari's etsy shop (GO THERE!) and added them to the tag.
  7. Through the button, I 'threaded' a teeny tiny office supply tag's string, and I loved how the tag looked dangling there from the button, so I adhered that down to the tag too, leaving the twine to 'hang free'. It looks really organic up close :)
  8. Finally I added an old-and-no-longer-available Prima butterfly that I've been hoarding, keeping for a special occasion.
I love love LOVE this tag. I was going to give it to someone, but I might have to keep it. It gives me faith in my own ability lol. It's so nice to like something you've made!

OK!

That's it for me! Be sure to head over to ABNH, to check out the rest of the DT's gorgeous creations, and enter the challenge too! You could be our winner!

Thanks for stopping by!
*crafty hugs*

Linda






6 comments:

MS said...

Big yay! That is gorgeous! Perfect layering, perfect coloring, it's amazing! Gorgeous butterfly, all the little details :)

Tina said...

So beautiful, Linda. Just love the warm colors and gorgeous layering.

Unknown said...

Very beautiful Linda and perfect for a Fall gift! Love the butterfly!

Moons said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa - papergrace said...

I'd keep it, too! That is one absolutely STUNNING tag, Linda. Love all the bling and all the different eye-catching details. It's just gorgeous.

Lisa Carroll said...

GORGE! That butterfly is to die for... fabulous tag!