LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Thursday 16 February 2012

a simple card

Hi!


A quickie today!

I was feeling a bit 'graphic' in the cardmaking department this week (as in, graphic elements, graphic design, not blood and guts graphic lol). So I went about making several cards that were quite different for me. I even made some Art Journal type pieces (but on tags, not journals--coz I dont have one!)

I'll be sharing the tags with you soon, but for today, I wanted to show you a cool card that I'd love to make more of in various colours and give as a set to someone.

Here he is: (yes, I feel like this card is masculine :))

Hugs and Kisses stencil

As you can see, VERY simple, but I love the effect.

To make, i took a Studio Calico mask (the ampersand), used a few spots of temporary adhesive and positioned it on my card front.  Then I took a Versa Color ink pad in Canary Yellow and basically swiped it from on the edge of the mask, flicking outwards onto the cardstock. I wanted it to look like the ampersand was glowing. I'm happy to say I think it kinda does :)

Once the ink was dry, I took the lovely new Hero Arts set and stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo black ink.

Finally I rounded the bottom two corners with a corner chomper and then added some faux stitching wiht a black American Crafts precision pen. 

That's it!

A very different card for me, but I like it! Hope you do too:)

I've got lots more to share with you this week, so I'll be back soon.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to come visit !

Sending smiles :)

Linda x



       
           
                                                               
       
       
           
                                                               
       
       
           
                                                               
       
       
           
                                                               
       
       
           
                                                               
       
       
           
                                                               
       







3 comments:

Melissa Shea said...

What a fantastic idea! I think the "graphic" part of your brain nailed it!! Thanks for visiting my blog too!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this Linda! Simply gorgeous using something graphic :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Linda :-) simple and stunning !! I love how you made the glow around the image :-)

luv
Lols x x x

i have tried to leave a comment on your card above but the comment box isn't opening, it is taking me to Versamark in the store instead !!:-)