LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Friday 19 August 2011

Layout number 5 is alive!! ("Goin' to the chapel")

This is my second post for today, for the first, scroll down :)

Number 5 is alive!! ha! did any of you watch that movie? "Batteries Not Included." I went to see it when I was a kid with my dad. 

anyway, I digress:
Here is layout #5. The challenge for this one was to 'Chop-it-up'. You were supposed to cut up the one piece of paper and use it. I did a version of this and used all the scraps I had on my desk from all the pieces of paper I'd cut up making the previous 4 layouts! There are still more scraps, so I think I'll use them next :)

So here she is:

 First I spritzed my kraft cardstock with some new Glimmer Mist I just got today (that are probably discontinued lol), Iridescent Gold, then with Mr Huey's "Piglet" (the cutest pink).  You can see in the above photo how the Iridescent Gold is kind of clear, but with a smattering of gold flecks--UBER pretty. I might have to buy another 85 bottles of this one!

Next I found some strips of paper and cut them up a bit more, inked the edges (a-la-Shimelle), then I took my NEW Lawn Fawn Judy's Blooms stamps and stamped them over my gorgeous paper from My Minds Eye (Stella and Rose Collection--love love love). Cut the flowers out and adhered :)
Finally I added my photo (from my wedding day) and some little Vintage Whimsy Buttons from The Girls' Paperie (also in my SC kit) and voila!

hope you like this one! It's maybe one of my favourites.

talk to you again soon!

Linda xx
 


No comments: