LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Sunday 3 July 2011

Inspired By...Joy Taylor, Day 4!!

Hey Y'all!!

I know I'm not a "Southerner" but I've always wanted to say Hey Y'all...in real life too, but I'm pretty sure I'd get some funny looks here in Australia! lol

How are you all enjoying my week of Inspired By?? As much as I am I hope!  Thank you all so much for all the comments, it's such a treat to have feedback. Really lovely!

Here is card #4 of Joys that I really loved as soon as I saw it:

 I love Joy's colouring no matter what the image is, but this is so vibrant and pretty, it's just amazing!

Here is my "version":

I used my Prismacolour pencils to colour the Daphne flower image in (which is from Tiffany Doodles). I started with the yellow centres, then used my lightest blue over the rest of the petal, then added gradually darker shades of blue from the outside of each petal (not overlapping the previous shade completely). Then at the end I went back over the whole petal (yellow part too) very lightly with the palest blue.
Blend blend blend :)

Here is a shot that's far too bright :) but you can see the scoring I did on the backing card (which again, is HA Layering Paper (love that paper!)

I used Jenny Bowlin Lemon Drops ink with the Hero Arts Life of the Party Dots cling stamp (loooooooooove *sing song voice*). I canNOT get enough of that stamp (or that ink!)

The sentiment is Hero Arts too, the sentiment strip is diecut with my Big Shot using a Papertrey Ink Banner die *so versatile!*

Here is a super close-up of the flower, so you can see how much I blended it.
I spent a good 20-30 minutes on this flower in total because I took my time (and did it over several sessions), but I blended until my eyes were nearly crossed! It's worth the effort though.




As you can see better in this shot above, the flower is up on dimensional foam squares to really make it stand out against the rest of the card, which is all 'one layer' (sort of :))


To finish the card, I once again put on my Joy Taylor-thinking-cap and pulled out the gemstones :)

Joy always seems to know exactly where to place her gemstones/pearls...I'm pretty much stalking her blog to try to learn off her :) She's always PERFECT in placement.

Anyhoo, I hope you liked this one! I'm really happy with it. The extra time spent on the flower (and being patient with my colouring *cough not my strong suit cough*) really paid off. 

Come back tomorrow for *sob* the last day of my Inspired By Joy posts (the last one for Joy's beautiful cards, not the last inspired by post :))

Hope you'll join me then!

Please feel free to leave me some comment love :) It's been so amazing to get such a response so far!! (Lovely to know I'm not talking to myself on here too haha!)

Take care lovelies!

*hugs*

Linda xx

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Linda,
This card is stunning! I need you to come to the states and teach me how to do that! The time you took was well worth it! http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Joy said...

Yet another stunning card, looking forward to seeing what the last card in the series is tomorrow...hugs

Barb said...

Love this gorgeous take on Joy's pretty card!