LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Tuesday 31 August 2010

You are special

>
Hello to you all on this lovely rainy day :)

Yes, I'm one of those people who cheers when I hear it rain. Here in Perth we have sun for so much of the year, rain is a real treat. It also rains for such short periods of time that when--like today--we have a good hour or two of solid rain, well I'm in heaven :)

Here's a new card for you:


I've had the backing piece for several months now, maybe even 2 or 3 and I just never got the right inspiration to finish it off. Nothing felt quite right (are you noticing a trend in my cardmaking lately?!)
I'm not going to go into detail on the "how to's" as I think most of it is pretty self explanatory--as always, feel free to email me/leave a comment if you have any questions.

Here are the products I used;
THe backing card:
Hero Arts fern silhouette woodblock stamp, friends definition
Distress ink in Walnut Stain, Forest Moss, Peeled Pain (just a little)
White embossing powder
Versamark ink

The central label;
I hand-cut the label after tracing around one from a tag on something I got in the mail the other day but it's a spellbinders Labels #9. (must buy...drags mouse over to a2zscrapbookingsupplies.com link...CLICK)
Distress ink in Antique Linen, Wild Honey, Black soot
Hero Arts Flourish Grid woodblock stamp (it's very pale but shows up more in real life)
Hero Arts Great Flourishes messages (sentiment)
Memento tuxedo black ink
Perfect pearls in Kiwi

extra items--gold ribbon, glossy accents (around edge of label), 4" paper doily, black bazzill cardstock, Prima say it with pearls flourish (discontinued).

Here's a close up look so you can see the shimmer of the perfect pearls--gorgeous right?!

Hope you like it!!

thanks so much for looking

1 comment:

Ioanna Maria said...

It's very beautiful! Well done!