LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Monday 23 August 2010

Striped background Hydrangea card

Hi again,

a quickie tonight...this is a card using a hydrangea image that I've had waiting for several weeks to be used. I had it with a different background completely but it just didn't work for me.

SO! Here's the totally reworked card, with the original centre piece.



The backing piece of kraft cardstock is stamped with the Hero Arts stripes background cling stamp in Snow White Papertrey Ink ink.
I stamped the La Lettre stamp (using Pumice Stone D.I) onto ivory cardstock, distress inked the edges.
I coloured the hydrangea image with copics. I used the EK Success Moroccan edger punch on some brown & green bazzil cardstock and touched the edges of the green with the copic marker I used on the flower. I then added some dark satin brown ribbon & Papertrey Ink string and finished it off with a silver ornament from my stash.
I finished the card off with some silver eyelets and PTI string & a hand punched tag using a fiskars handpunch.
The two sentiments are from Hero Arts All occasion messages and are both stamped wiht Versacolour Pinecone ink. The larger sentiment is being held by a Tim Holtz memo pin.

I hope you like it :)

I've mentioned this before, but just a reminder that my 6 month old daughter, Charlotte is having surgery on Thursday so I'm not sure when I'll get to post again, but I will be back, God willing that everything go well with the surgery. Please keep her in your prayers that everything goes well and she's returned to us safely.


5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Such a pretty card, love the turquoise color of the hydrangea - just gorgeous!

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Linda! Loving all the fine elements in this! Love the bacground, twine,too! I will keep Charlotte in my thoughts and prayers! xo

GrammySue's Creations said...

Stunning card--love the antique and layered look. This is great and you did a wonderful job with this card. I am praying for your daughter. Take care and God bless.

Linda said...

Your card is beautiful Linda! It has been posted on www.a2zscrapbookingsupplies.com with the Hero Arts Hydrangea stamp.

So Glad Charlolette came through the surgery so well:)

Yaneri said...

Wow Congrats on winning prize pack of new holiday goodies from Hero Arts! So lucky!!
Pretty Card!!!